6/19/11

It's not all about the fish.

My brother from another mother Henry David Thoreau (American author and over all boss hoss) laid down some serious knowledge with this quote;

 "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."


Neck Beard = Immense knowledge listen to what I say!
This quote speaks to me on a couple of different levels. When I do go fishing I am trying to catch fish, especially during a tournament. But there is much more to it. The whole experience of being outdoors and trying to figure out a species that lives an an environment that is foreign to us is awesome. It takes a lot of imagination because most of the time you can't see the fish you are pursuing (although modern technology is catching up to mr. bass). Fishing can be a real escape for people. I like to totally forget about what's going on in my life and focus my energy to try and figure out what the fish are doing, where they are, what they are eating ext... My mind is always racing when I am fishing, I compare it to a duck swimming along the surface of the water. To the human eye the duck looks calm cool and collected but below the surface the ducks feet are paddling like a hamster in a wheel. 



What are the bass doing down there?

I also love the scenic beauty of the Central Coast. The landscapes are inspiring and nice to look at when the bite is slow. Attached are a few pic's from my adventures on the water:

Back side of Bishop's Peak, a small farm pond I grew up fishing that is no longer there:(

There is the pond!






Pituophis catenifer catenifer - Pacific Gopher Snake. Get back on land!

Know your snakes!

San Antonio Lake



Santa Margarita Lake, bass in the grass.

Lopez Lake trollin.

Cachuma Lake, looks like they are fishing a flat.

Cachuma Lake

Cachuma Lake

Fire above Santa Barbara.

Nice Cachuma Lake Largey! Hit the 5" swimbait.

Get er done mom!

Hell yeah Ty.

Give that bass some love.






No comments:

Post a Comment